Tuesday 15 March 2011

repost from the buskers on bikes...

During Sunday’s ride Ken said something which stuck with me. It involved clipless pedals and increases to efficiency. If clipless pedals improved the transfer of power by x%. What else might help. Obviously a lighter bike, aerodynamic clothing...
Then it hit me. My bike weighs about 10kg without pedals or water bottles, so probably around 11.5 ready to go. I could shave some of this weight with lightweight bottle holders etc...

But what about me. I weigh 82kgs. The upper end of the healthy BMI for my height and build. The bottom end of Healthy BMI for me would be up to 6KG lighter or 7% of my bodyweight.
This might be key to me getting better.
I guess I’d better start counting the calories.

1 comment:

Please feel free to comment or add to any of the ideas expressed here. Please be nice where possible.